Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Severed puppy heads...not cool.

This dream had a lot to it, and I thought I had it solidified in my mind, but by the time I got my laptop on and pulled a document up to jot down the specifics, the majority of it had fled my mind. The most disturbing part remained intact though...

I was on a road trip with my dog searching for my real dad. I had adoptive parents who lived in a house that wasn't any house I've ever been in, but it had the same kitchen as my real-life parent's kitchen. Anyhoo, there was a huge contraption on their kitchen table covered with a navy blue sheet. it was a bunch of distorted metal, kind of like a bird cage but pieces were missing...like a giant had ripped it open.

big like this, but with more of a twisted, warped wrought iron element


In the dream, my dog had one puppy, and my adoptive parents had been looking after it while we were on the road trip. I knew if I lifted up the sheet, I would see the severed head of the puppy, but I didn't want to, so I looked halfway in and said it was empty. My "mom" got really mad at me and said my dog had chewed off the puppy's head and killed it but I knew it wasn't true. I insisted that since my dog didn't have blood around her mouth and that we were on the road trip that she was innocent. My mom forced me to look under the sheet and the puppy's head was hanging by a wire from the top of the cage-thing. The neck was cleanly severed as if from a knife, further proof that my dog didn't kill the puppy, but no one believed me and they wanted to kill my dog. Somehow I knew my fake dad had done it and that he was a total psycho. I woke up screaming, and I remember clearly flailing my arms around my head and screeching.

I can't bring myself to post a pic of a severed puppy
head, so here's a cute LIVE puppy.


I fell back asleep pretty quickly and the dream changed to me being in college and living in a dorm with one of my old friends that I haven't seen for years. At one point, I was climbing stairs holding onto the banister like I was climbing something really steep. It was hard to pull myself up but no one else was having the same problem.


There was another strange part about our dorm room doubling as a boutique that sold random fashion stuff and my other roommate, who happened to be real-life l'etoile project manager, Natalie Gallagher, had designed a line of accessories that was made up of big fake diamond brooches that were really sparkly and had pieces in them that projected light. They were in an acrylic display cabinet that you could rotate. She was also the manager of the store but only tried to sell people the brooches. I can't remember any more of the dream after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment