Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Psychic Statue

Last night's dream was really choppy but I do remember some choice weird parts of it.

I was at my mother's house, but it was part greenhouse and looked really different. I was going around the house picking up boxes and bags of random candy and putting them in my purse. My mom was yelling at me about it, saying that candy was banned from her house and how dare I bring it in. I tried to explain that it was already there but I just got yelled at more. I poured onto a counter a bag of Swedish Fish, a box of Jolly Joes, and a box of Nerds and started color coding them and obsessively making kaleidoscopic patterns while my mom yelled at me in the background.


The next scene changed to a garage type scenerio, but I think it was part of the greenhouse. My Dad was there polishing something small and metal and there was a wooden huge crate off to the side with a big carved stone sphinx/gargoyle hybrid statue packed in straw. The top half of the crate was removed so I could see it. I asked my Dad what it was and where it came from and he said my Mom had had it shipped from China so she could use it as a garden decoration, and that it cost $150,000 so he was very annoyed about it. I went over to it, and started petting its face and it started projecting its thoughts silently into my head. It was just saying that it was on my side and that I never had to worry about anything again, because it loved me now because I was nice to it. I could see it moving but it was more like shimmering and projecting itself in translucent layers. I felt very excited, like it was going to change my life.

It was a little bit more Sphinxy than this, and less ornate, but you get the jist.

There was another vague part of the dream where I was discussing with someone about how well the l'etoile holiday party went and was analyzing things that went wrong. I looked at the invite and I had written "enjoy sushi, holiday cookies and more" on it. I was very concerned that I had included sushi in the copy because we definitely did not have sushi at the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment