Saturday, January 9, 2010

The best of Saint Paul...in a boot.

Last night's dream sort of revolved around Saint Paul. I was compiling a "Best of St. Paul" list and going around to a number of places getting something, or trying something at each of them. I would then put whatever it was (a candle, a gift card, coffee, etc) into a big black boot. I had two boots filled up for Minneapolis, but I figured St. Paul only needed one. The boots were these really stupid black leather boots I actually have in real life, that I hate.



I was running around with a rotating cast of friends, and strangers that were apparently my friends. At one point I was in Mickey's Diner with 2 people. One of this was this sloppy, unshaven guy and we were giving him presents. I gave him a big purple bag of dog food and he started to cry, saying that he never had such good friends before. I was like "Get used to it, we are nice!"

There was also a part where Kris from Secrets of the City and I were running all these ad deals in exchange for free stuff in Saint Paul, and one of them involved us trading ads in exchange for owning a weird office building. The building was cool though because it had a huge movie theater aspect and I immediately decided we were going to make it into and art gallery/art film house, even though it was decked out in Bill Cosby sweater-style carpeting and looked all officey. I decided we would name it "Popcorn."


The scene changed to me with one of my writers, Rob Callahan. We were using tickets that we had traded for advertising to go to a show at the Ordway. I think the show was, randomly, Mary Poppins. There was a show before, sort of like a movie theater, so we had to wait around. We decided to go in anyway and scope out where we wanted to sit once we got in there. The chairs were all big, velvety wing-back chairs and it was really pretty. Suddenly a voice came over the loud speaker (during the play, mind you) that said "Kate Iverson and Emmanual Lewis please report to the lobby."


So, Rob and I (not Emmanual Lewis!) went out and there was a big burly security guard waiting for us with a few pieces of paper. He said "I will need the banner ad before you see the show." and I was like "well, I can't really do that now because I'm here, plus you guys have to give US the banner ad!" and he kept going on and on how he thought I was scamming the Ordway and I flew into a livid rage and was like "I will NEVER EVER write about the Ordway again!!!!" and "I'm going to get you fired!" and the last thing I said before I walked out the door was "Fuck you!" super loud so everyone in the play could hear me. And soon after that I woke up because I was so enraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment