Monday, April 12, 2010

The quest for Alf's Purple Diamond

This dream could be adapted into a sweet apocalypse movie. For realzies.

I lived in a room in an industrial area but it was decked out all gypsy/Mad Max-like. I was friends with some Alf-style aliens that lived on the roof. Eventually the Alf aliens trusted me with the secret that there were a lot more aliens living on earth and also that I was one of a handful of humans who could be killed and then regenerate. They needed me to go on a mission to get a purple diamond that apparently could save all the Alf aliens from extinction, but all the other races wanted it too to save themselves. All the humans that could regenerate were on the Alf's side though, because all the other aliens were jerks.


All the alien races had tracking devices that they could detect each other and the diamond's presence if they were in the vicinity or even below ground. The regenerating humans were dressed in army gear, except me, and they had a plan to blow themselves up to block the other aliens from getting the next human after the diamond was passed off, kind of like a relay race. For some reason I was their star though and they didn't want me to get killed for some reason so they kept blowing themselves up to distract the other aliens from me.


At some point I was trying to evade the aliens we called "No Faces" which were just long spindly grey bodies with guitar pick shaped heads with no features except slits for mouths. I fell down a big hole that was maybe 100 feet deep with rocks walls and little mossy ledges that had mini water falls trickling everywhere. I regenerated at the bottom of the hole and I had the diamond. There were hundreds of No Faces all at the top chittering and I was trapped. Suddenly a hissing sound started and I looked around and there were thousands of black clams hissing and clicking open and shut everywhere. They were spitting poison at me that burned my skin but my skin regenerated. Eventually the Alfs came to the resuce and blew a hole in the side of the place where I was trapped and caused it to turn into a big slope. The No Faces ran down and clashed with all the poisonous clams and they all started melting and screeching. I ran out the other side and surfaced at a beach, where an evil human tried to buy the diamond off me for $200,000 but I didn't want to sell it. I can't remember what happened after that but I'm assuming I gave the diamond to the Alfs.


There was also a completely non-related part about me being at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts but it was a carnival and I ordered a deep fried hot dog from a concession stand that was run by mangy carnies. The hot dog was just a regular hot dog that had a little bit of tempura-style batter on it and it was super greasy and gross looking. The guy behind the counter had been on the phone and was crying really hard because his grandma had just died, but I didn't really know what to say so I just ordered a hot dog and said I was sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment