Sunday, October 17, 2010

Shapeshifters, Wormholes, and Michael Jackson

So, a lot of last night's dream was actually sort of terrifying...but other parts were just plain weird, as usual.

The first portion of the dream involved me at home, which was sort of a combination of my ex-boyfriend from a long time ago's house and my parents house. There was some sort of infestation of rats and other animals that was getting out of control. I had a guy that I knew come over to fix the problem because he had the ability to shapeshift into a really crazy flesh-eating monster that would flush out every animal and eat or kill them. The problem was, that when he shifted he went totally berserk so I had to lock myself and my cat in the bathroom while it was happening so he didn't eat us.


While we were locked in I heard all sorts of screeching and commotion then something started forcing its way in the bathroom and I couldn't hold the door shut. It turned out to be a big black panther and I ended up letting it come in to hide from the shapeshifter. When he forced himself in, I could see all sorts of dead rats all over the floor outside. Eventually, the shape shifter returned to human format and called to us that it was okay to come out. He had eaten all the animals but said "sorry, I left you a surprise in your office, I couldn't help it." and the "surprise" was a huge pile of shape shifter shit.


The next part morphed to a sidewalk adjacent to a park that I grew up by. I was hanging out with some unidentified people and a van pulled up. A famous band (I don't remember who it was, but I think it was a heavy metal band) got out and started talking to us. I told them it was a huge coincidence because when I was a little kid they had parked in the same spot and got out and randomly played a show on a hill near the playground. They said they'd do it again and started unloading their gear.


One of the guys in the band handed me a plastic lavender DVD case that was sort of see through and explained that it was a recording device. I don't know how this happened, but as soon as I took it I was flying through a wormhole/tube or something, and it was just big enough for a human to fit in width-wise, so I was flying headfirst. There was all sorts of static noise and the walls of the tube looked like gray, electric, churning water. I dragged my hand through one of the walls and it just made more noise and felt strange. I took the DVD case and held it straight out in front of me; this was supposed to record my experiences in the wormhole as long as I kept rotating it clockwise. The wormhole morphed into different scary scenes, one was pitch black with just screaming noises and another was pitch black with hundreds of pairs of glowing yellow eyes blinking.

The dream switched to me owning a house/compound that was connected by underground tunnel. One part was a workshop that looked kind of like the Soap Factory, there was heavy industrial equipment and wood slabs in it. The next segment of the house was a lecture room/class room where we went to "college" and also had a flea market in every week. And the last segment of the house was a loft space with oriental carpets, couches and a stage. The loft part was apparently located in the Northern Warehouse in Lowertown but you could only access it by underground tunnel.


We would regularly have big parties and bands play in the loft but the cops could never shut it down because there was no way to enter the space from the actual building so they could never figure out how to get in. On a particular night, Mark Mallman was playing and afterward we were sitting on a couch talking about his music. My phone buzzed with a text message and it was from Michael Jackson and it just said "What's up?" I wrote him back with a link to a Mark Mallman song and soon after he called me. I put him on speaker phone and was all "How's it goin'? Long time no see" like we were old friends and he started telling me he hated Mallman's music because he didn't go in for "spiritual crap" even though the tune I sent had nothing to do with spiritual crap. I told MJ that Prince loved Mallman but MJ said he hated Prince too and that Prince was a religious nut. There was an awkward silence and then I just said something like "Well, okay...but really, how are you doing, Michael?" and I actually woke up saying those words; I was propped up on my elbows in my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment