Friday, October 8, 2010

The snake and the rockstar

My apartment wasn't my apartment but it was. It was some sort of a cabin or summer home and I was reconfiguring and cleaning the whole place. I was polishing the floors by standing barefoot on an extra strength paper towel and buffing the marks on the linoleum out. It was working really well and I couldn't stop doing it. I remember being very stunned that it was working as well as it did.


There was an unidentified older rockstar that was temporarily living upstairs and he created an art installation that you had to climb through to get to him. It was Nic Harper from the Rogue Buddha's job to bring girls up to him and he brought me and Jahna up. He had made the top level of my house into a sort of horror maze. There were lots of dirty chicken feathers all over the floor and mangy plastic sheets you had to crawl through. There was a room where there was a big plastic sheet with a bunch of dried leaves and you were supposed to kick them onto the sheet. I remember thinking that the rockstar was just being lazy and trying to get people to clean up the leaves for him. Through the maze, you'd crawl around in tiny rooms and there would be a gritty, black and white image of something random on a light box, kind of flickering. (Maybe this part of the dream was inspired by the Soap Factory's Haunted Basement? Which btw is totally awesome.)

It wasn't Alice Cooper but it was along those lines.

When we finally got into the rockstar's living space it included a long, skinny rectangular sandbox and a TV set playing a show in the corner, but it was really bad reception. There was a big stuffed snake in the sandbox and it had some ratty looking animal fur attached to its head in a long strip. I picked up the snake and started petting it's fur/hair and the rockstar came in and was really impressed with me for doing that for some reason.


There was a lot of remodeling going on in my house too. I was getting a bunch of stairwells and landings redone with wooden walls that had different colored wood pieces jutting out from it in geometric shapes. It looked really cool but the rest of my house was really crappy, like a long-neglected cabin. I don't remember anything after that even though I know there was a lot. Something to do with delivering juice boxes to people I think...

I made this in photoshop, but it was much cooler in the dream.
The shapes acted sort of like a railing to other floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment