Thursday, October 14, 2010

Trixi and Jon and the Steam Engine Pool

As usual, I forgot a lot of components to this dream...

A bunch of random people were in town for someone's wedding, and everyone was doing social things, like hosting dinners at their homes and letting people stay with them. My real-life friends, Trixi and Jon, invited me over to socialize before the wedding. They owned a little restaurant/deli called "Cookie's" but they had been ousted from their space so a video game store could move in. They were in the process of moving Cookie's to a really fancy downtown location even though it just served sandwiches and soups. Jon was wearing an expensive suit and talking on his cell phone about it a lot.


Their house was kind of like a compound, lots of gray concrete, but it was attached to the former Cookie's location which was in turn attached to some sort of strip mall type of thing. The inside of their house was really big and they were most excited to show me their indoor pool, which Jon had built himself and designed to be heated by a steam engine. You had to be careful to make sure it wasn't too hot before you got in, because sometimes the water boiled.


I got in the pool in my full clothes and boots and waded in all the way up to my waist before I realized how stupid that was. I got out and laid on the concrete in a sun patch to dry my clothes, which somehow were not really that wet. When I got up, Trixi and Jon were gone and I couldn't find them.


The dream changed to my apartment. I was letting my ex-boyfriend from like 12 years ago stay with me because he was apparently going to the wedding too. I woke up in the middle of the night and he had ordered a pizza and had let the delivery guy into my apartment, invited him into my bedroom and they sat down on a bunch of my clothes that were (and are in real life) strewn all over the floor and started eating the pizza. I was livid because I didn't want the delivery guy judging me for having a messy room so I was yelling and trying to kick them both out but they wouldn't respond to me. I don't really remember much else after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment