Friday, October 30, 2009

Framed for murder...with a can of pineapple?

This dream was really random and sort of fragmented. I know there were a lot of other interesting components, but a lot of it was mood and sporadic visuals. I think the dream was set in current day, but a lot of the parts seemed to be from the '50s. I'll try to piece it together.

I was working at, or planning an event at, an old theater that seemed to be a hybrid of the Riverview theater, the Highland Theater, and the Suburban World Theater. It was old but nicely maintained, the chairs and curtains were made out of red velvet and all the pillars and railings were painted a shiny lavender. I am pretty sure I've had dreams about this same theater before.



The old man who ran the theater told us when we were leaving one night that we should use the underground passage to go home, because that's what my grandpa used to do (there was something about my grandpa possibly owning the theater previously -- maybe I had inherited it?). So, we went into the passage which was a claustrophobic maze sort of thing that led through boiler rooms and closets full of junk and old-timey garbage. I think the basement was haunted. I'm not sure who I was with, but we got separated and I found some ratty squares of scrap carpet that had old, dried blood on them.



Somehow I got out of the underground maze and was right across from the theater again. I went in and my friend Vanessa was there, who had apparently been lost in the tunnels too. We went into the bathroom and none of the stalls would lock. A older woman came in and told us that we would be framed for the murder that had happened in the tunnels (re: bloody carpet squares) and she had the proof...which was an old can of pineapple from the '50s that had both of our finger prints on it.



The scene changed to the underground tunnels again, but it was a brightly lit, well organized warehouse that also doubled as my friend Beth's basement. She was there and was going on and on about her Christmas decoration collection and showing me spools of gold vintage garland. The scene switched to above ground and I think it was the old Woolworth's that used to be in downtown St. Paul, but it was still an extension of Beth's basement. She and I had races up and down aisles with circular dust mops and got yelled at by the store manager.



There was another scene where we came out of the tunnels and we were at a gas station that was on Marshall & Lowry in Northeast but it was also somehow within a block of both Steven's Square Park and Lyndale & 25th, and also Cleveland & Randolph Avenues. There was something about cigarettes and a shiny person but after that it gets cloudy and I can't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment