Thursday, October 29, 2009

White Wedding at the Motel 6

While I've been keeping a Word file of my dreams for the past couple weeks, even the first few have lost a lot of their imagery in my mind. I'll recount a few of my more vivid, recent dreams and add to this blog as I go, from here on in.

In this dream I was just married, to whom I'm not quite sure, but I have a feeling it was my friend Rachel. We were on our "honeymoon" and forced to share the "bridal suite" at a Motel 6 with the band Motley Crue, who were playing an arena across the street (for some reason I think it was the old Met Center). The suite looked like an all-white Denny's, with vinyl booths and tables, and a flat screen tv mounted in the corner. Roadies were rushing in and out with sound equipment and luggage and rockers with big hair were lounging in the booths, much to our disdain.

The Crue

The scene changed to Rachel and I walking through a forest that had a lot of broken glass and garbage everywhere. We came to a little bridge where I found an old-timey looking gold key that somehow was softly amplifying blues music. Running underneath the bridge was a greenish-yellow stream that was clearly toxic. I had it in my mind that I wanted to go in and search for agates. Rachel was against the idea so I threw the key in as an excuse to go in. I could see it gleaming on the rocks and jumped in, Rachel followed me. I picked the key up with my toes and followed the stream into a dark cavern that had candle-light flickering in the back of it. We found a peeling white cabinet on the back wall that I opened with the key. Inside was a tattered self help book, and that's where the dream ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment