Thursday, October 29, 2009

Good Morning

Dreams are fleeting. Like a cracked mirror reflecting your mind's subconscious inner workings, dreams are an odd kaleidoscope of little, visual tidbits and suppressed emotions that we unknowingly file away on a daily basis. Sometimes your remember them, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you wake up and replay a wild dream over and over in your head only to have it drain away as quickly as it came.

After much cajoling from my friends to keep a "dream journal" I opted to start this blog. My dreams are incredibly crazy compared to most, they tell me. After months of posting a dream here and there on Facebook, I've come to the realization that maybe they're actually sort of special. They are often outlandishly weird, visual and nonsensical, after all. Kind of like abstract brain art with a loose plot. Maybe my dreams are a sign of mental illness to come, who knows, but if that's the case maybe they'll be able to diagnose me via this blog after I go off the deep end.

by Salvador Dali, my favorite artist as a child

No comments:

Post a Comment