Tuesday, November 3, 2009

American Vampire Idol

Last night's dream was vampire themed. I watched like 5 minutes of a Japanese vampire movie last night called Blood: The Last Vampire, so maybe that's why. I'm also involved with the planning of the Voltage: Fashion Amplified 2010 show and elements of that are in there too. I think I woke up and fell back asleep a couple times but the vampire theme was still there.

The dream started off in a space that was part carpeted church basement, part my parents kitchen and part the Vision Models office space. We were holding interviews with vampires to see if they were worthy to join us for whatever we were doing (which I never fully understood throughout the entire course of this dream). Anna Lee from MNFashion was helping me judge them and it was set up like American Idol for vampires, and there were hundreds of them lined up outside. I don't think they did anything very interesting though, they just told us why they thought they should be allowed to join us.



At one point I was taking a break and we were sitting at a table by a window when a young girl vampire came up and got all sassy with me for some reason (I think maybe we wouldn't let her try out?) and I was holding down both of her arms and pushing her away and calling her things like "little one" and "honey child." She was made up like a Latino gang member girl with drawn on eyebrows and she insisted she was the cousin of a friend I haven't seen for 10 years.



The scene changed to an outdoor garden party that looked like the roof of the Calhoun Beach Club but the lower level looked like the Women's Club on Loring Park. My family was there and my sister's kid went missing, but I think he was also my dog. Everyone went into a panic, but then they/he turned up right away. I got nervous about the vampires eating them so I went into the basement to check on vamps we apparently had stored down there in coffins. The coffins were too big and could fit 1 1/2 vampires and I was mad we spent extra money on big coffins for no reason. I began making a spread sheet on my computer about it.



The next scene was in my parent's living room where someone had installed a big LED light cross into their floor and my dad wanted me to photograph it, but they had placed it in a weird area where clutter and baby carriages were all around it and I couldn't get a good shot of it. I demanded they have someone come in and relocate it.



The scene changed again to the Music Box Theater, but it was three times as wide, and my parent's kitchen was part of the lobby. The band KMFDM was playing and a lot of people in local bands were randomly there and also a lot of vampires, but the theater was so big that it looked like hardly anyone was there. Everyone was sitting on the sides and only three people in the middle. I suddenly was worried someone would steal my laptop, which I'd left on the table in the lobby/kitchen, so I went to get it. When I got back I became indecisive about where to sit, but then I randomly saw Heidi Klum and sat right in front of her.



The dream capped off with me driving on Selby Avenue and almost crashing because I kept turning onto one-way streets going the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment