Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The future is all yellow and grey

Last night my dreams were real fuzzy and seemed to be more about me worrying about stuff than any actual storyline, but there was sort of a post-apolocalyptic/Mad Max theme to the whole thing.

The first part of my dream I had somehow sneaked onto, or cheated my way into a space station, where I was somehow pegged as an astronaut even though I wasn't. It must have been very far in the future though, because this space station was like a compound and everyone was very "whatever" about the fact we were in outer space. There was even a three-level parking garage (why they needed cars there, escapes me). It was really gritty and dirty looking inside and all the equipment was grimy like it was supposed to be a trash hauling ship, but it actually was a scientific research facility.



For some reason I had to go out into space to gather samples and I was sent into the garage with a tall guy (who I think might have been Vince Vaughn) and he handed me a really homemade looking astronaut helmet, which looked sort of like a motorcycle helmet but it was brown, all scratched up, and held together with what appeared to be rubber cement. I kept commenting that I didn't want my face to collapse in vacuum. The tall guy assured me it was safe but I didn't believe him.



The scene changed to my parent's house, I think I may have been on leave from the space station or escaped from it or something, I was very nervous though. My friend Choho was there and he had brought me a cream colored down comforter that had blood splattered all over it. I was very concerned my mom would see it and kick us out of the house. I really didn't want to leave because outside was weird...I think most people were dead and the environment was unstable or something. It was really empty looking and everything was grey and yellow and seemed abandon. I was lying on the floor wrapped in the bloody comforter with the bloodstains on the inside to hide them and my mom was nagging me to do my laundry but I didn't want to get up because she would would notice and think I killed someone.



There were also a segment of me driving around in a big rickety monster truck with floodlights on it. The streets were all very grey and grid-like and I was watching myself drive from above so I could see this. I think I was in Roseville and I was sort of lost, or worried about where I should go next. There was something about a speakeasy shack with ragged scraps of fabric for the door. I think it was supposed to be the post-apocalyptic version of the West Bank Social Center for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment