Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hello, my name is Zahna Vomit

Last night my dream was real irritating. I was always trying to get somewhere or prove that I was right but it was just taking too long.

The first part started out with me and five other people sitting at a round table at Clubhouse Jager. One of them was an FBI agent, and the rest were people I was in a band with. My band was known as two different bands, one was The Undertones (which is an awesome real life band from the '70s and we were them somehow) and we were also a band that was focused on me as a singer and it was just called Zahna Vomit -- which was apparently my stage name.


The FBI agent was interrogating us about some clothes he insisted we stole from the Mall of America eight months prior. He'd been holding a white plastic bag of clothes hostage for all that time and would come regularly to interrogate us. We had actually paid for the clothes though and were enraged he wouldn't give them to us but there was nothing we could do about it. The outfits I really wanted included one cute black dress that looked kind of 1950s and the second was a tan and white knit sack dress with rough wooden sticks you would jam through button holes to hold it on. We refused to play any shows until we could get the clothes. The FBI guy then brought us to a hotel and was driving a motorized cart and dragging the plastic bag of clothes underneath it, laughing the whole time.


The scene changed to my parents block, I think I owned their house but it was completely different and more fancy (I guess being in the Undertones paid off). My friend Rob Callahan had a big house on the corner and was having an elaborate yard sale. He had all these professional looking signs and sandwich boards put up all over the city with false advertising, saying he was selling things like rose bouquets, skateboards, skate shoes, and other random stuff he didn't actually have.


I went over to the sale and it was really insane and was being held in a big dusty dirt patch on top of a hill. Rob apparently didn't have enough stuff to sell, so he went to my store (in the dream I owned Ax-Man Surplus, or something like it) and he borrowed a bunch of weird stuff. He had a really mangy-looking swing set that had a metal structure, but aside from that, it was all made out of rope but the rope was filthy and the metal had grime on it. There were two little kids (that were apparently Rob's kids) playing on it but they looked really 1950s. I was wondered why they didn't get sick from playing on the dirty swing set. Rob had also gotten a bunch of used tires and four orange plastic bucket seats which he tied together two by two with dirty rope and hung from a tree. he also had blue hula hoops taped together to look like 8s that were lying on the ground. Everything was dusty and crazy looking and Rob was just like, "eh, whatever, I tried." and soon after that I woke up I think.


Did the experiment again last night...here are the image snippets I scrawled down before drifiting off (the ones I can read, anyway)...

-a torso wearing a "mermaid" corset
-a purple "Sorry" game piece
-people jumping in front of a big map
-a hand slipping in a manhole
-a snowman with bells for eyes
-a bellybutton with a mouth under it
-"hobbit frog"
-an eye with big blue veins
-a hand with no fingers with a barbed wire tattoo on wrist
-written down: "Cocktail./"
-a thimble with a brown wig
-slipping while holding balloons
-an indecipherable line that is sort of funny "likse nylttu pon white doll"

No comments:

Post a Comment