Friday, November 27, 2009

I want pink hair. Also, I'm officially insane.

This dream was kind of snippety. Some parts were more clear with semi-plots, other parts were just flashes.

The dream started out with me walking down the street with my friends Jahna and Beth. We were going to a little restaurant/bar on a dock that we either worked at, owned or had regular meetings at or something that connected us to it. Beth was saying how her boyfriend didn't recognize her because she got a new haircut, but her hair really only looked like it had been cut about 2 inches and she had bangs. I asked if they liked my new haircut, which was a wild, hot pink mohawk sort of thing (the pic I found below is sort of spot-on actually, but I think there was an element of cornrows in it too).


The scene changed to inside the bar and I think everyone was worried that it was going to go out of business. The cook at the place was a big burly guy and he decided that since it was maybe the last day that he had to pull out all the stops, and he brought what he called an "anchor" in, and it looked like a big black anchor from one side with long radio antennas sticking out from the top of it horizontally that blocked the hallway and stretched into a booth where people were sitting. If you walked around to the other side, it looked like one of those old-timey black, iron bicycles with one big wheel in front that Victorian-era peeps would always ride. There was something else about a server taking a painting off the wall to keep that was a newspaper collage on the front and an abstract painting on the back that was white, red, pink, purple and yellow with little black tribal squiggles and smiley faces on it (I think that part was related to the new pre-sleep experiment I tried last night, see below).


Snippets:

My friend Robyne was at the bar and she had been duped into doing a speaking engagement at a book club because someone was holding her dinner hostage and she was in a hurry.

My sister was throwing an event and we went to Target or Kmart or something to get supplies but they didn't have anything she needed except for a pack of 20 hot pink plastic cups that cost $9.98. My mom was there and bought me a pack of white sticker labels and put the plastic cups on her American Express card for us.


There was also something about preparing fried foods to go on someone's bare chest?

Another part involve me being a surgeon of some sort and my sister needed surgery and I was supposed to take a little circular saw and saw through her jaw bone but I said I couldn't and someone else did.


NEW PRE-SLEEP EXPERIMENT

If you're a regular reader of my blog, you may remember last week when I tried an experiment for a few days, where I laid in the dark and scrawled weird visuals my brain flashed through right before I fell asleep. I think some of them came naturally, but I think I may have forced some of them by thinking too hard about it when I should have been just letting myself drift off instead. I don't know. Either way, it was sort of annoying because I'd wake up and my pen would end up under the bed or something equally irritating.

Anyhoo, I sort of took a different spin on the experiment last night. Instead of writing down words that matched the visuals in my brain (although I did write down some of that too) I tried drawing shapes that I saw on the insides of my eyelids. I don't have a scanner so I actually tried to recreate the weird symbols by drawing them in a paint program on my computer. Strangely enough they are pretty spot-on, because the ones I actually drew were super messy too. What does this tell us? That I'm completely insane and possibly some sort of pre-historic witch or shaman.


I also scrawled down these random words, plus some other crap I can't decipher:

-small eye
-hairbrush/toothbrush
-wave in Rolodex
-chicken
-red beetles

No comments:

Post a Comment