Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Pyramid

Last night's dream could probably be turned into a pretty sweet sci-fi movie with lots of tweaking of the different scenarios which were really random and not that cool -- but the idea of a time travel pyramid IS way cool. This dream had way more of a plot than my normal dreams do.

I was riding on a small train with a small group of people; a teenage girl, an old man, Flavor Flav, and the train conductor. It was only a two car train and it was really Mad Max-ish and cobbled together and dirty. We were riding on tracks on a bluff overlooking an ocean and we went through a tunnel and the train stopped and wouldn't start back up again. There wasn't anything we could do to fix it and there were no phones so we just started to walk.


On the other side of the tunnel there was a huge pyramid to the left of the tracks, sort of shrouded in trees. There was a path cut into the trees that led up to it. We approached it and I started feeling scared but everyone was really interested. We walked up some steps into an outdoor courtyard type of area that was very trick-of-the-eye and maze-like in its construction. We find a door into the pyramid but another guy shows up and says he's a security guard for the train tracks and that we have to move our train asap because other trains can't get through, but we just tell him to stand by the door we found so it doesn't lock us in. He agrees but is crabby.


Entering the pyramid was just like walking out of the top floor of my grade school into the back stairwell, not at all pyramid-like. I gave the security guard a bunch of holiday sale postcards to stick in the door so it wouldn't lock if he decided to leave. The pyramid morphed us into a big wide hallway scene in an inner city high school and I was separated from the group I came in with. I saw Flavor Flav and he was goofing around with a bunch of kids and he had forgotten all about the fact we were in the pyramid and thought it was real life. I tried to play along and just yelled "Flaaaava Flaaaav" and that seemed to jog his memory but not really.


The scene changed to me driving in a car in Northeast Minneapolis by Johnson Street and it was maybe a year into the future and all the streets were different. I knew I was still in the Pyramid though. I tried to turn onto the street where an apartment I lived in years ago was and the street was blocked off. I went up to the door of the apartment and two girls were there and told me that everyone thought I was dead and that they had taken over my apartment. They helped me load a bunch of bags into my car and explained to me the new streets so I could figure out where I was.


The next part was still in the pyramid and I was in a panic about getting out because I knew our train was blocking all the other trains and something had to be done. It was an outdoor scene, which I think was a hybrid of Como Park, and I was trying in vain to wrangle all the people who I'd come in the pyramid with but none of them could really remember. I ran around with a stick and rounded up two animals that apparently belonged to the girl and the old man characters. One was a small white dog with big black anime eyes and one was a fluffy white Persian cat, also with black anime eyes. I herded them back to the group and everyone remembered they were in the pyramid.


We finally got out of the pyramid somehow and were back in the courtyard. The security guard was still there and was really livid. He said we'd been in the pyramid for two years and we needed to move the train asap, and that an engineer and the conductor were already working on fixing it so we better get down there. When we went down the tunnel had been boarded up and the train looked super dusty and abandon. The guy who was fixing it had a young daughter and a newborn baby with him. The baby was wrapped up in a blanket and was lying on a dirty platform under the engine. I thought it was really dangerous because the engine was supposed to shoot fire out of the exhaust. They finally got it fixed but they had to drive one train car into the other really hard to get them to stick together and the engineer guy put his young daughter in one and told her just to step back and hold on. The train started working and we all got home I think.


There was another part about after the pyramid that involved me sitting at a table with someone who had been on the train and also a musician that used to be married to my cousin (they were in a real-life band called Morticia). He was making a diagram about the time line of their band using only stickers. I thought it would be brilliant for them to do a reunion show and let the band Astronaut Wife open for them for some reason - even though their music is completely different. I think I woke up soon after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment