Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Stitcher (plus bonus dream)

This one was a feature length nightmare. So much so, I've been jolted awake at an unnatural time to write about it.

The dream began on what I think was Halloween night. My friend Emma was crying because she got a letter in the mail saying she had to report somewhere at 8am the next morning. We all knew it was from the killer, who was also some sort of satanic mafia type who no one could ever get away from. She decided she wanted to have as much fun as possible on this night because she was going to get killed the next day. She was wearing the Halloween costume she wore for real this year, which was really cool and designed by Max Lohrbach.



The killer was called a weird name that I can't quite remember...I think it was "The Stitcher" because the only person we ever saw come back from him had their face sliced in probably twenty places, and roughly sewn back together with thick, black, waxed thread that looked sort of like the stitching on a baseball.

Imagine this x 10

I was multiple personalities in this dream...it kept going from being myself, to being a random tough blonde chick and also A.C. Slater from Saved by the Bell. The very first scene I was A.C. Slater (whose real name I can't remember, so let's just call him A.C. , ok?) and it was the first part of my plan to save Emma and myself and all the other people who'd been tapped to get killed the next day (at some point I had been ordered to go to the Stitcher too but I was not having it.) I did some sneaky move that didn't make sense that involved me (as A.C.) running up three floors of a parking ramp past two cars that had other victims in them and ducking into a low, concrete block that was hollowed out from the back. Somehow this sparked the Stitcher's peeps to start yelling and rushing around, at which point I crept down to the first car, where another potential Stitcher victim was waiting to go.



The girl in the first car was I think was Rita from the show Dexter. She had a baby and was insisting that the Stitcher was sending them somewhere good, since he had provided a bracelet for her and also a nipple to attach to a baby bottle for the baby. I took the nipple thing and squeezed it and a bunch of poison powder came out. Rita thought it was a fluke and didn't believe me so I gave up on her. The next car I went to, my old friend Karen was there, again with a baby, just like Rita. She didn't believe me either but was a little more receptive. She seemed to think there was no way out of it, even if the Stitcher was bad, so she better go. I said I would save her so not to worry.



The scene changed to all of us being at an airport, (I wasn't A.C. anymore, I think I was me) but it was just the opening to a mine shaft where rickety carts kept rolling in and out. There were bloody body parts in some of them, and you could see flames flickering on the walls from the back of the tunnel. There were well-dressed people with check boards taking note of everyone. They were the Stitcher's employees and I think they were super-humanly strong so everyone was doing what they said. One was a lady in a power suit and the other was a non-descript guy in a suit. Both of their outfits were gray and stiff.



The next part, we were all on a plane, and instead of panicking like everyone else, I was writing a detailed escape plan for all of us in a little notebook (I think I was A.C. Slater again). The people in charge began being honest with everyone and telling us that yes, the Stitcher was going to "dismantle" us and carve us up while we were still conscious and screaming, then sew us back together whether we were dead or not, but that we'd probably be dead by that point anyway so not to worry too much about that part.



I don't really remember how my plan to save us all went, but it was multi-layered...it involved talking and manipulating the people in charge, but also beating peeps up, I can't remember exactly how it went though. At any rate, the Stitcher was known for finding people anywhere and everywhere no matter what, so we had to be anonymous and hide forever if we escaped. I somehow took control of the plane (I was the aforementioned tough blonde chick at this point, who I think was the mom from the show Californication) and started putting all manners of homemade parachutes on people. Some were bright colors and hand sewn, some were huge old-timey flour sacks, and some were normal white ones. I started pushing people off in pairs so they'd have a friend wherever they choose to hide from the Stitcher. I pushed them all off in super remote areas of forests, swamps and lakes. I kept Emma with me so we could hide out together.



There was some sort of final showdown with the Stitcher and his minions, and at this point I was me again. The Stitcher ended up looking like Loren from the show Angel but he was red and had bigger devil horns and had black satanic tattoos all over him. I can't really remember what exactly transpired, but Emma and I ended up parachuting into a raging river that was all white and foamy and swimming to a shore that was surrounded by huge rocky bluffs. And then I woke up.



UPDATE: Bonus dream #2

After I woke up and wrote the above dream, I fell back asleep from about 5:30-8:30, which irritates me because I wanted to be up at 7. I'm so lucky I don't have a real job. I would never be on time! Anyhoo....

The second dream was mildly scary, but more in a suspenseful way. Emma was in it again and this time we were going on vacation together. She was taking me to some cabin her family had that was far away and we were going to stay there for a week, away from civilization, then take a little airplane to an even further away place. We got picked up by someone who drove a super old blue hot rod and they started bringing us to the cabin. They explained that once we got there we'd have to walk 4 1/2 miles from the road through the forest to get there because no roads went to the cabin. I was like "why the hell didn't anyone tell me this!" because I was wearing high heel boots. No one responded.



When we got to the cabin, there were lots of people there that were all Emma's distant cousins and things...they were all sort of crazy because they lived in the cabin for so long. They said to make up for being from the city they'd have to do rituals on me, then I'd have to atone. I was made to decorate a Christmas-type tree that was somehow evil (I think it summoned demons or something) and I had to light a bunch of candles on it with the help of a creepy little kid who didn't speak.



I was still really riled up that I didn't have a sensible pair of boots, so I went to the mall in town by myself and it turned out to be Gaavidae Common. I bought a pair of cute boots and then went into the bathroom where I ran into my friends Christian Erickson and Allan Kleckner. It was the bathroom adjacent to some fancy menswear store and it was all decked out in dark wood and marble accents. There were even swag bag with man-products in them and some umbrellas people could borrow if it was raining. I told Christian and Allan to steal the umbrellas because they might need them later, so they did, but they were afraid that the security cameras caught them and they also were worried they'd look "gay" carrying them because they were pink. They were fretting and being wusses so I ditched them.



I went out into the mall area and the MNFashion Boutique was there and Anna Lee gave me a gift certificate to get a little art pin made for me on the spot. She was showing me examples of all the pins that could be made for me by local designers and they were all of really dumb things like steaming coffee cups, inspirational sayings etc...If I paid an extra $5 they could add a scent to it that would make you smell nice when you wore it, but the scents were all generic, like "grape," "cherry," and "orange." I went out into the atrium and saw my friend Clement, who had a cute new haircut that kind of looked like Malvin's from Project Runway. I tried to give him a hug but he jumped away for some reason. I got mad and was like "whatever Clement, hang out by yourself then" and walked away.



I came across a store window where the band L7 (rockin' girl group from the 90s) was about to play a set. I got really excited because they broke up a long time ago and I really liked them a lot. Then for some reason the scene changed to me writing my favorite things on a chalkboard at the end of a long, brightly lit room where there were lots of plants. I wrote "L7" on it, then Clement appeared and called me a pathetic stalker and said he was going to tell the band. I was about to beat him up but then I was jolted awake by my cat pouncing on my face.

1 comment: