Sunday, November 22, 2009

I miss having an art gallery...

I drank half a bottle of Jameson last night so I slept like the dead, but I still remember a couple funny aspects of my dream...

I was digging through a box and found a tiny book, maybe the size of four postage stamps put together. It had a sort brocade cover that was gold and gray. When you opened it, it would play a video, and the video on it was someone filming an event at my old art gallery.


The gallery looked different and had more rooms..the first space there were abstract paper-mache wall sculptures with huge horns on them on display. The second part was a long hallway with brick walls. All the art was hung salon style and it was all different but there was a group of pieces that looked like semi-glossy wall paint had been poured on them, and there were phrases with lots of swear words roughly etched into them. The third and fourth rooms had a window cut into the wall between them and a tall skinny door on the right side to connect them. People were having a serious dance party and it was all red and looked like some of the pictures from an opening I actually had for an exhibit called "Into the Pink." Here are some of the red-ish pics from the actual opening -- which also included a sweet dance party! I really miss having a gallery...(btw, it's my goal to eventually open another gallery, once I make enough money to not worry about making money off the gallery!):


There was another part of the dream that featured me in a big, pretty much empty, hotel restaurant waiting for people. My friend Clement was there and he had written something weird on the wall of the women's restroom and was looking through a hole in the floor that apparently you could see people walking in and out of the restroom. He was counting how many people came in, and laughing that they all saw what he wrote. He said about 75 people had gone in since he'd been watching. I was mad because he wouldn't stop counting and I had to sit by myself.


In the last part someone gave me another little video-book thing and it had a vid of the girl who had apparently invented the book. She sitting in a chair saying "thank you, thank you, thank you" over and over. And that's when I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment