Monday, November 2, 2009

It's just like riding a T-Rex

This dream was kind of all over the place. It began with me trying to find a venue to put on an art exhibit, but also a space to throw a big after party as well. I found a warehouse downtown, right on Nicollet & 9th, and the inside was huge but it was completely trashed, with mounds and mounds of ripped up plastic sheeting, cardboard, twisted metal, boxes, a rows and rows of scaffolding. Some of it was waist deep and you had to wade through it to get to the next area. The guy who owned it was walking me through and seemed oblivious to the mess. We got to the very back of the warehouse and he got on this big contraption that looked like an abstract metal skeleton of a T-Rex, with a brown leather bike seat on its back. He could make it go up and down. I don't know what the purpose was.



The scene switched to a completely random place that my friends Jahna, Emma and I were trapped in the basement, but we weren't scared. We were trying to find evidence of something we were investigating. There were a couple of smarmy European guys that were trying to find us and kill us too. We finally got out through a window, but had to go through a little obstacle course of tippy, treacherous platforms and rusty metal stuff above a big black abyss.



We finally got out of that and walked up an alley, only to decide we should go back in. Jahna and I got trapped on a platform that was sliding all over the place and we had to dive through the window. The European guys found us and locked us in a long narrow room where there was only a small loveseat. We fell asleep on it in a weird way, kind of like sardines with our legs woven in a random Celtic knotwork pattern.



The scene changed to me working at my computer and copying and pasting an old Tweet and Facebook status update from last year with links that didn't work, and being mortified that I could make such a mistake. There was also something about a Medieval dress that I can't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment