Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Inside Karl Lagerfeld's Compound

I'm having a hard time remembering my dream last night. I'm remembering it backwards I think.

Somehow I worked for Karl Lagerfeld, I think I was his publicist or something. His office was a big, non-descript compound that was all metal from floor to ceiling and lit very dimly and coldly. Everything was gunmetal grey. My computer was on a big, long metal table in a room lit only by a window that was outside of it and down the hall. I spent the morning Googling Karl Lagerfeld quotes so I would know when he was in a situation where he might say something offensive. I went in the lunch room that was another big, dark metal room lit from outside and no one was there. Karl came in and said "People here don't eat lunch, dear."



There was an event happening in the same cold metal building, I think it might have been a wedding reception or an industry event, and I was in charge of wrangling the photographer. I hired my friend Juleana to do it (she's a writer in real life, but I wanted to teach her to be a photographer too in the dream) and I followed her around telling her who to take pics of and she was getting annoyed with me. I think we were shooting for Metro Magazine, but Juleana didn't want to write down the names of people we were taking pics of because she said we knew them all but I didn't know anyone. When it was time to eat, the meal was a big elaborate salad bar, complete with sneeze guard.



There was another piece about me living in an apartment that was a hybrid of my apartment from 3 years ago and my apartment now but the outside looked like a big castle. I was standing on the road outside of it and my neighbor had brought an abstract metal futon frame that looked like a sculpture and leaned it up against my gate, leaving a pissed off note saying that I put it by her garbage and it wasn't fair. I think my neighbor was the mom from Edward Scissorhands.



There was something else about an intricate Indian pattered fabric that was maroon and red and gold. It was cut out like someone was going to make a corset out of it but it wasn't sewn yet. I don't know where this was going because I was rudely awake by my cat knocking a full glass of water off my night stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment