Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Key Master

Last night's dream was sort of boring but there were a few scary parts.

I was a teacher and I was working in a hotel that was also a school I think. Some people would live in the hotel like they were apartments and I would hire myself out to help them move their stuff in. I was helping someone and insisted they could only hire me for 4 hours so they better hurry. I think it was also an art studio building but it was split up strangely; people would have separate spaces but one would have to go through another person's personal space to get to theirs. It was weird because the art studios were laid out like one room apartments and I think the artists lived there.


The scene changed to a marble lobby and I was trying to act fancy and told a bunch of guests and staff that my family owned a key making dynasty...Everyone was saying they'd been there and it was awesome -- it was big complex that had all sorts of metal things like door knobs and keys of all shapes and sizes but their real specialty was making new keys and everyone was very impressed that my family owned it.


There was a musician playing at the hotel and I told his girlfriend that he was great and that we should get him to play in this certain room in the hotel where it was broadcast on television 24/7. We were sitting at a table discussing it and there was a big white foamcore board on the table that someone had smeared blood all over. We were sort of distressed but not really.


In the next part I was supposed to bartend an early morning shift in a cabana-style bar area, but I kept getting weird phone calls from people with Somalian sounding accents and they were saying they knew me and were saying all sorts of dirty things to me and laughing and saying they were coming over to my work to do something about it. I got super scared and tried to get my boss to let me leave but he wouldn't, so finally I just hid in a closet. They came and they were wearing Hawaiian shirts and screaming a bunch and the manager kicked them out, but they showed him a picture of me first and said I was their girlfriend and that they were trying to "catch me" to bring me home. I think I woke up after that.


Also, I tried the experiment from last night again...the list was so messy I could only decipher about half of it..I love this experiment. Here are the image snippets I had right before drifting off:

-a grass lion face
-a golf ball on a green cube
-a black lego space station tilted on its side
-a V (but drawn really tall and skinny)
-an eyelid with gold and red stripes
-a blue satin waist band of basketball shorts
-two upside down hooks that were someone's hands
-a red star in a yellow circle that was spinning
-an elf marching backwards
-a horse jumping in slow motion
-the word "sissaturate"
-a turkey with a tail that looked like a guitar neck
-a fist punching a door with a red #1 sign on it
-lavender legs with white flippers

No comments:

Post a Comment